Big Boss gets cool seat covers
January 30, 2011 | By: Bruce Smith
Big Boss Ram gets CoverCraft interior upgrade
SeatSaver and DashMat add protection from the elements while giving the interior that custom industrial look
Keep your pickup’s seats looking new for years is tough to do if you are in the construction or road-building trades. But there’s an easy solution: upgrade your seats with seat covers designed just for that purpose.
Custom fitted, they provide protection from sun, dirt, outdoor fun, and abuse during the workweek, to help keep our big Ram’s seats looking new. The bonus is SeatSavers also allow you to travel in comfort – breathable, heavy duty polycotton fabric won’t give you that “sticky” feeling that neoprene or vinyl seat covers will.
If the SeatSavers become soiled, just throw them into your home washer and dryer and then slip them back on.
Dirty dog? Kids with ice cream cones? Potted plants? Fun in the sun? Messy mechanic and greasy tools? Stop worrying, with SeatSaver seat protectors your leather and velour seats are safe. The fabric is protected with a DWR (durable water repellency) finish that blocks most “accidents” from reaching the seats.
Like a great pair of jeans, SeatSavers get softer and more comfortable with each washing (but, we recommend you re-spray the DWR after every 5 or 6 washings). Here’re the highlights:
- Custom fitted, slip-on slip-off protection from everyday abuse.
- SeatSavers block UV rays to help protect stock seat fabric or leather.
- Heavy-duty, polycotton drill weave fabric “breathes” so you don’t get stuck to the seat.
- Washer / dryer safe for easy home care. When they’re dirty just slip them off and into the washer.
- All stress seams are overlapped and double-stitched, just like the seams on a good pair of jeans.
- No tools required for easy installation and removal.
- Most front seat backs include a handy, built-in map pocket.
We also had CoverCraft lay on an ULTIMAT by DashMat to keep our cell phones, radios, and paperwork from sliding all over the place. The Ultimat fits the dash like it came right from the Ram production line; no seams or puffed-up edges on this fine carpet material. So now we’re riding in style. — Bruce W. Smith / Editor